Search This Blog

Sunday 10 July 2011

Teenage Angst Stoned Philosophy

Teenage Angst Stoned Philosophy

by Delbor Greebies
{whilst listening to Are You Experienced on headphones}


Don't take life so seriously,
And don't be surprised at how I turn out, 
I'm your son but I'm also the Sun. 
I am burning incessantly, incandescence,
Celestial being of the Stars. 

One day, like me,
You will go to Mars
And realize, how wise,
Your son has become.

Step back into space, if you can,
Look! Look! Look at us ants,
Creeping and crawling like rats,
Over the tomb stones of wasted time.

Mother, you can dance,
Father you can dig the earth,
From Mars we are but worms,
And you will never understand.


Delbor Greebies
9 July 1967

2 comments:

  1. That's excellent, considering it was written over three years before I was even born :D

    Actually, I liked it very, very much, except for the ants crawling like rats. That jarred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, it is a parody of bad, teenage poetry! I particularly like the ants crawling like rats. Awful.

    ReplyDelete